Thursday, March 23, 2006

Carpet Mural


I enjoy traveling. While some people detest the airport, there's something about it that just gets me excited. Yes, this may be strange, but I like it. :)

In my travels I have been to countless airports, big and small, all across North America, Europe and some in Asia. I have to admit that I don't really notice the floor much, but if more cool art installations like "Flying Carpet" were around, it would sure make my airport hustle more interesting.

An installation at the Sacramento International Airport, Iranian artist Seyed Alavi has created an aerial view of the Sacramento River that is woven into a carpet. Located on the floor of a pedestrian bridge connecting the terminal to the parking garage, this is a neat expression of art on a seldom noticed but heavily seen (trafficked) area.

(Via Boing Boing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home